What is a superintendent? A superintended or manager is the agent of the co-owners for the management of the common property of a building. The power provided to the manager is given by the Joint Owners' Assembly, convened in accordance with the Regulation and the subject matter of that power, i.e. the responsibilities of the manager shall also be determined by the Regulations of the Building. In general, however, these powers are: Payment of all bills of common costs such as Electricity (DEH), water, cleaning, petrol, etc. Supervision of ordinary (e.g. cleaning) and extraordinary work (e.g. repair of faults) in the common areas and premises of the building. Breakdown of shared costs and issue of a detailed account for each apartment separately, according to its participation in ‘millimetres’. Recovery of any debts by the apartments. Inventory control and supply of heating oil during the winter months. To look after administrative matters as provided for in the Regulation, namely to convene a building assembly if necessary and to keep the minutes. Rapid response when the tenants ask that they intervene to repair damage. What is a regulation? A Building Regulation is the text regulating the relations of co-owners and general operation of apartment block. This text is part of the contract that each owner signs at the time of purchase of each property. By signing the contract, each owner accepts the regulation of the building and undertakes to apply it. In addition, each owner is required, in the event of the rental of his property to a third party, to bind the tenant under the lease agreement to compliance with the Regulation.   What is the reserve; One of the most important actions when it comes to apartment blocks is starting a capital reserve for the building, in accordance with its regulation. The reserve is a fund formed with the participation of all the owners of the apartment building. This money allows the manager to handle all the costs of the building until the issuance and collection of the common area fees. The amount of the property reserve must be approximately 50% more than the average monthly amount of expenditure, so that it can also cover possible delays in the repayment of debts. It must also be regularly adapted to any increase of expenditure; otherwise the manager will have to cover part of the costs of the apartment building from his own pocket.   What if someone refuses to pay the common area fees? The most difficult task for an administrator is to collect the common area fees. As prevention is always better than cure, the administrator must ensure that any charges are clear and justified. Any questions must be resolved immediately and convincingly. The distribution of costs should be as smooth as possible so that bills of certain months are extremely high and others at zero. The administrator must still be polite but persistent when asking for early repayment of the costs. The more the debt accumulates, the harder it is to collect it. If, however, one of the owners refuses to pay their debt, the manager must refer the matter to the joint-owner meeting and leave it to the latter to decide on further actions, which sometimes reach the courts. In that case, the owner who loses his claim shall be called upon to pay the amount plus any recovery costs, interest on late payments and penalty clause if provided for in the Regulation.     What are considered quiet hours? Midday and night quiet hours are considered as, A.    In the summer period from 15.00 to 17.30 and from 23.00. to 07:00. B.    In the winter period from 15.30 to 17.30 and from 22.00 to 07.30. The Summer period is deemed as the period from 1 April to 30 September and the Winter period from 1 October to 31 March.   The tenant of an apartment moved without paying his fees. What happens in such a case? The owner of the apartment is always liable against any debts towards the building. The owner must therefore pay for the fees due in such a case.     Do I have to insure my house only as an owner or even as a tenant? House insurance is recommended not only to owners but also to tenants of properties. Tenants should bear in mind that all their household goods and personal effects are more vulnerable than the building itself in various risks. It is therefore prudent to insure such objects which comprise the content of the house they have rented. Insuring the contents of your housing also provides added security and a more effective solution to the financial problems that occur should such items be damaged. Consequently, house insurance should be a major concern whether one is a tenant or an owner.   What are the main risks house insurance covers? When insuring a house, the main risks from which one can protect and safeguard their property are fire, floods, storms, pipe leaks, glass breakage, theft and earthquake. Of course, one can ensure that their property is protected in the event of destruction or loss, by choosing the combination of cover that suits their needs, from a wider range of cover, which complements the basic covers.   What do I have to watch out for when I choose the insurance company that will insure my house? The insurance of your residence means that you trust your most vital asset to the Insurance Company, so you have to be very careful in choosing it. Factors such as solvency and large reserves are key indicators that demonstrate its robustness and should be taken into account before your final choice.   On what factors does the final cost of insurance depend on and what is the average cost? The cost of the insurance primarily depends on the range and number of risks you choose to insure your property against, as well as the different characteristics of your residence and whether it has other protective measures. A security door, an alarm system and fences are all factors that that are considered when quoting an insurance plan. For example, the cost of insuring the entire building may begin at 0.5€ per square meter, on a basis that the value of the property per square meter amounts to € 1,000. For the contents alone, insurance costs can start at 1.3€ per € 1,000 of capital.   Isn't it more economical to install an alarm system and security door rather than insuring my property against theft? An alarm system and a security door are certainly great measures against break ins, but you cannot be sure that they will always be prevented. The technology of such systems is progressing at a great pace, but the ability to bypass such systems is also fast progressing, while theft insurance ensures that you will be compensated for the appropriation of your items. Of course, the existence of the aforementioned measures theft insurance quotes much more economical.   Is there a similar to "road aid" in in residential insurance? Meaning a service that helps you directly deal with issues when they occur? There are technical assistance services for homes and they are provided in some housing cover packages. This service, for example, may be activated when there is an urgent need for plumbing issues, electrical installations, locks, glass panes, in which case specialized professionals are sent out and the Insurance Company covers the cost up to a certain threshold per incident. Such cover may also provide a home security service, temporary replacement TV or DVD in the event of fire, explosion, flood, theft. For non-urgent cases and for renovations, construction, etc. which you wish to perform and which are not deemed as damage caused by covered risks, the appropriate underwriter can provide information or send technical experts to prepare a quote for you.   Is the issuance of an Energy Certificate optional for electronic lease agreements? No, the issue of an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is mandatory (for properties as provided for by law*. If you have an obligation to issue an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property you are renting, this must be registered in the relevant fields of the electronic lease (if submitted after 09/11/2015) as required by Article 58 para.3 Law 4342/2015. *No EPC is required for buildings which have an intended use such as: industry, crafts, rural use (excluding residential), workshops, warehouses, car parks, liquid fuel stations. All other properties are subject to an EPC requirement.  NB 1: With regards to renewals of lease agreements for property less than 50 square meters, and for which the lease agreement was registered with the appropriate Tax Office prior to January 1 2016, there is no obligation for the issuance of an EPC.  NB 2: With regards to renewals of lease agreements for property less than 50 square meters, and for which the lease agreement was entered into prior to January 1 2016, there is no obligation for the issuance of an EPC.  The above exemption on the issuance of an EPC for property less than 50 square meters expired on 1/1/2016.     If existing lease agreements are renewed is the issue of an EPC mandatory? The issue of an EPC is mandatory ONLY for new lease agreements and not for renewals of existing contracts (if the date of the initial contract's approval by the relevant Tax Office took place prior to 9/1/2012, for real estate above 50 square meters in size and for which neither the tenant nor square meters of the property has been changed, e.g. after legalizing semi-outdoor spaces of the property which have been made into areas of the dwelling). According to the circular numbered 382/12.1.2012 Renewal or extension of a lease contract is considered to be in the case where the same property is leased to the same tenant regardless of the amount of the rent. If, however, the tenant or square meters of the rental property are changed, this is deemed a new contract and a certificate is therefore required. According to Circular 172335/16.02.2016 for real estate below 50 square meters in size an energy  performance certificate (EPC) is not mandatory if: the date on which the lease agreement, as registered in the ‘Contract date’ field of the Registry of Information on Real Estate Leases, was entered into, is earlier than 1 January 2016 or the date on which the  details are submitted to the Registry of Information on Real Estate Leases, is earlier than 1 January 2016, in the event that no private lease agreement had been drawn up.     For rental properties which have obtained an energy certificate, is it required to re-issue a certificate on every new lease entered into? No, there is no requirement to issue a new EPC. The certificate shall be valid for 10 years from its issue and shall not be required to re-issue for contracts entered into over the 10-year period (unless the property is completely renovated).   When is the issue of an EPC mandatory? The issue of an EPC is mandatory in the following cases: for the leasing of the whole or part of a building (Apartment, Store) regardless of the size of the property;  for every sale and purchase of the whole or part of a building (Apartment, Store) regardless of the size of the property;  upon completion of the construction of each newbuild or wholly renovated building; and for residential buildings to enter the Residential Property Savings program. N.B.  The exception for real estate below 50 sq. meters expired on 1/1/2016.   Are holiday homes exempted from the mandatory issue of EPCs? According to the Circular 2279/22.12.2010 (22/12/2010), holiday homes are not exempt from the obligation to issue an EPC.   Which buildings are exempted from the obligation to issue an EPC? The issue of an EPC shall not be required for buildings with a use such as: agricultural industry property (excluding residential) car parks, storage facilities, petrol stations.   Should the certificate be issued prior to the signing of the lease agreement with the tenant? Yes the certificate should be issued before any agreement is entered into, due to the fact that the EPC protocol number must be written on every private or notarial lease agreement. In accordance with paragraph 3 of Article 14 of the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulation (Greek Government Gazette number 407 B, 2010), ‘In any lease of property, the ECP protocol number shall be indicated in the private or notarial lease agreement. The tax authority shall not take a lease agreement into consideration if it is not presented with the applicable EPC.’   Are there any consequences if my property is of low-energy performance? For real property (licensed before October 2010) there is no impact other than the fact that it reflects its true energy classification.   How are the square meters of the property calculated? The total area of a building is the sum of the square meters of the building as measured in the building permit (according to the plot ration), as well as the square meters of the building that has been legalized or settled under the applicable provisions (e.g. legalizing semi-outdoor spaces). In the case of inter vivos parental conveyance is the issue of an EPC mandatory? According to the ‘Circular for Notaries (26/1/2011)’ ‘Purchases required to issue EPCs do not include distributions, exchanges, etc.’ thus it is not required.   Can I only inspect my apartment or should the entire block be inspected? An energy survey can take place for a single apartment.   For mixed-use buildings (e.g. apartment block with stores) can an energy performance certificate be issued? According to the Circular 1603/4.10.2010 (4/10/2010) ‘In the case of mixed-use buildings, the ECP shall be issued separately for each basic category of use of each part of the building as defined in the Building Regulations (residence, temporary dwelling, business, training, etc.).’   What is the validity period of the ECP? The ECP is valid for ten years, except when a complete renovation of the building before the end of the decade takes place, in which case its validity ends at the end of the renovation work and a new one must be issued.   I bought a property that lists the previous owner as the current owner. In order to lease it, does a new EPC have to be issued in my name? No, a new ECP is not required as the certificate concerns the property and not the persons. According to the ‘Circular for notaries (26/1/2011)’ The ECP is valid for 10 years from its issue and there is no obligation to reissue it for purchase contracts which shall be concluded during the 10-year period (unless it is renovated completely). In the event of continuous sales within its term of validity, the relevant notarial documents shall note the protocol number and security code of the ECP already attached to the first sale contract.   What is the cost of issuing an ECP? The cost for an energy inspection is up to the inspector of choice (and under negotiation). According to the circular with Protocol number 2297 (4/9/2012) the minimum fees for energy inspection services provided are abolished. These fees are now freely determined by the written agreement of the parties in accordance with Article 7 paragraph 1 of Law 3919/2011. Article 10 of the Presidential Decree 100/2010 establishes the minimum fees for conducting an energy survey and issuing an ECP.  Apartments: €2/sq.m (minimum of € 150)  Entire buildings (e.g. apartment block): 1 €/sq.m (minimum 200 €)  Detached house: €1.5/sq.m (minimum 200 €)  Store (maximum 1000 sq m): 2.5 €/sq.m (minimum of € 300)  As of Tuesday 10 April 2018, an energy inspection requires payment of a 5-euro fee for real estate up to 250 sq m, € 10 for real estate from 250 sq m. up to 1000 square meters and 30 euros for real estate over 1,000 sq m. These fees are borne by the debtor (owner) and beneficiary of the ECP and must be issued under his TIN. What are the necessary supporting documents for the issue of the ECP? For buildings built before 1983 (constructed before 14/3/1983) the following documents are required, Copies of Architectural Plans (Building plan), a copy of the submitted details of the property with the Cadastre Office (if a submission has been made). It should be noted that for an Energy inspection to take place it is not required for the owner to have submitted the property details with the Cadastre.  For buildings built after 1983 (constructed after 14/3/1983) the following documents are required, Copies of Architectural Plans (Building plan), a copy of the submitted details of the property with the Cadastre Office (if a submission has been made), Copy of the Building Permit. It should be noted that for an Energy inspection to take place it is not required for the owner to have submitted the property details with the Cadastre.  I want to issue an ECP for an old property (construction before 14/3/1983) but I do not have the supporting documents, what can I do? If you are in possession of the property License Number you may ask the City Planning Office for a copy of the floor plan of the floor on which the property is located and a copy of the Plot Plan (ask other Owners of the building if you do not know the license number). (If Architectural Plans cannot be found, we shall undertake the step-by-step rendering of your property free of charge.) If the property is registered with the Cadastre, the KAEK (National Cadastre Code) or the Protocol Number is required and the Registration and Ownership Code. (see next question)   In the case of apartment blocks or other buildings with multiple properties, which National Cadastre Code (KAEK) will be declared for the issue of the EPC? In the case of apartment blocks or other buildings with multiple properties, any cadastre number from any property of the building may be used when an energy inspection for the issue of an EPC of the entire building takes place. The cadastre number shall be declared only for the purpose of verifying the location of the property, which shall be determined by the first digits of the number relating to the horizontal property of the building.   Is it mandatory to implement the recommendations for improving the energy performance of the property recorded in the energy performance certificate? No, it is not obligatory to implement such recommendations (unless they concern the Residential Property Savings program).   Under whose name is the EPC issued should the owners be more than one? In order to issue an EPC an electronic submission of an application shall be made containing the details of all owners of the property. However, in the paper version of the EPC the name of only one owner is displayed; thus, in the event of an EPC being issued electronically for a property consisting of apartment blocks, all owners' data is provided yet only the details of one owner are stated in the paper form of the certificate and this is usually the name of the owner with the highest ownership percentage or the superintendent. It should be made aware, however, that the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) comprises the energy identity of the property and accompanies that, therefore the name of the owner is irrelevant. Even if a change of ownership of the property takes place (e.g. sale and purchase) no reissue of an EPC is required.   Do I have to register to participate in electronic auctions? Only natural persons or representatives of legal entities whom are registered as bidders on IL.SY.PLEIS are allowed to partake in auctions   How can I register? The prospective bidder, either a natural or legal entity, shall follow the registration procedure on the website of IL.SY.PLEIS (e-auction) ‘"Registration" (Home Page => e-auction => Bidder Registration) after studying the "Terms of Use" on the participation in electronic auctions. The "Terms of Use" can be found on the "Registration Page" (Bidder Registration => Terms of Use). The "Terms of Use" are available on the website.   Does everyone sign up the same way? Depending on the legal form of the prospective bidder, the following shall apply:  Legal representatives of legal entities or natural persons who hold a Greek Tax Identification Number shall be confirmed by their credentials maintained in the TAXISNET system of the General Secretariat of Information Systems. After confirmation, their registration in the system is approved.  Legal representatives of legal entities or natural persons from Member States of the European Union as well as citizens of third States acting as legal representatives of legal entities shall submit an electronic application for registration via the website and shall be identified by entering the power of attorney granted to them, officially translated in Greek and either a written declaration in the form of a pdf file digitally signed by, with its official translation in Greek, or a sworn attestation or certificate in the form of a pdf file with an official translation in Greek, by which [documents] proof of registration under a professional or commercial registry is provided; The documentation must then be filed at the office of the competent electronic auction officer within three working days and in paper form (original or true copy);After identification, the competent electronic auction officer shall approve their registration with the system.  Natural persons from third States shall submit a request for registration electronically via the website concerned and shall be identified by providing uploading a file in pdf format containing a scanned copy of an identity card or passport in force with an official translation in Greek and declaration in pdf file format digitally signed, with an official translation in Greek with regards to the correctness and validity of the data submitted to the registration platform. presented within three working days and in paper form (original or exact copy) in his office competent electronic auction officer. After identification, the competent electronic auction officer shall approve their entry into the system. The documentation must then be filed at the office of the competent electronic auction officer within three working days and in paper form (original or true copy); After identification, the competent electronic auction officer shall approve their registration with the system.    How do I Register? If you are a natural or legal entity who has a Greek TIN, then in order to register with IL.SY.PLEIS you must choose to be re-directed to the Independent Public Revenue Authority website (General Secretary of Information Systems - GSIS). After submitting the TAXIS-net credentials, you will be returned to IL.SY.PLEIS for registration completion. Following a successful identification, the bidder's registration is approved and the IL.SY.PLEIS member`s credentials generation process is activated. The Prospective Bidder – either as a natural person or a legal entity - is then forwarded to the corresponding registration page. Once the minimum mandatory fields are filled in and you accept the “Terms of Use” of the website, a phone and email confirmation takes place and then the registration process is completed.  The "Terms of Use" are listed on both the "Registration Page" and the Home Page of eauction.gr.   How can I be informed about the details of an electronic auction? Visitors of the website (whether registered or not), may browse and search for detailed information about the electronic auctions from the start page of the website and under criteria, such as,  The Auctioned Asset: Real Estate, Other, Movable Property Should the user choose “Real Estate” from the list, the Prospective Bidder may then choose among the following,         Residency         Other Commercial Property         Store         Office         Parking area         Warehouse         Industrial Building         Plot         Plot with building         Farm Land with building         Farm Land with building         Hotels  By then selecting the “Regional Unit” tab the Prospective Bidder may choose the region in which the item is located, such as Attica Central Greece Central Macedonia Crete Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Epirus Ionian Islands North Aegean Peloponnese South Aegean Thessaly Western Greece Western Macedonia    while also having the option to search by Municipality of their preference. By choosing “Movable Property” the dropdown list specifying the “Type of moveable property” is activated, allowing the prospective bidder to choose from the following: ‘Ships’ which then shows a further option in the “Type” field, namely Bulk cargo Tanker – LPG Passenger ship – Ferry Yacht – Cruiser Other type of moveable property Further auction details provided to the website visitor consist of,  The auction status (cancelled, conducted, finalized list of eligible bidders, open, posted, ready to be conducted, suspended) The auction conduction date and time; The debtor’s name and surname/ company name; The name and surname / company name of the person forcing the auction; The asset type; The starting bid; The date the asset was posted; The unique auction code (If it refers to a part of an auction, the unique code of the main auction is also mentioned) How can I keep track of auctions that interest me? The registered Candidate Bidder may create their own auction list based on their criteria for future reference or participation application. How can I apply for an auction? You will need to register as a member (prospective bidder) in order to apply for participation in an auction.  Follow the detailed procedure as follows:  Registered Prospective Bidders enter the website as a member (IL.SY.PLEIS Home Page =>Login) Users may then choose the auction of their preference from the list of auctions shown on screen and select “More” for the complete auction details. At the bottom of the page, users can click on the “Application Form” tab. Having accepted the “Terms of Use”, users then click on the “Submit Application” tab. The Prospective Bidder may at this point enter the Procedural representative`s data, if there is such. After clicking on “Submit Application”, a message appears informing the Bidders that their application has been successfully submitted and the Auction Employee`s approval is now pending Until when can I submit a request to participate in an electronic auction? The "Application Form" must be submitted prior to the commencement of the auction and within the designated time as applicable.   What documentation is required for my participation in an electronic auction? The required documentation in order to participate are defined in the relevant law, whilst also depending on the legal form they have with regards to the registered candidate’s country of origin.    What is the time limit, and where should I submit the necessary documents? The original documents proving eligibility for the participation in the auction should be submitted, in paper form, to the Auction Employee's office, within the designated timeframe, as applicable. The Auction Employee is not responsible for the rejection of a prospective bidder from the auction, in the event of a delayed submission the eligibility documents for the participation, for any reason whatsoever.   When will my application to participate in the auction be approved? Within the statutory time limit as applicable and after verifying the eligibility conditions and certifying the payment of the participation guarantee, the Auction Employee approves the bidder`s application for participation. Following approval, the prospective bidder is informed by an email sent via IL.SY.PLEIS about the right to participate in the auction,    What is the “Starting Bid”? The “Starting Bid” is the price of the auctioned asset to which a bid of at least 1 € in excess must be made by the registered Prospective Bidders when the auction starts, in order to have a valid first bid.   When are electronic auctions conducted? electronic auctions take place on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 10:00 am until 14:00 or from 14:00 until 18:00.   Can the end time of the electronic auction be extended? Yes, it may; If a bid is placed during the last minute of the electronic auction, i.e. from 13:59:00 to 13:59:59 or from 17:59:00 to 17:59:59, a five (5) minute extension is set. For each bid submitted during the last minute of the extension, a further five (5) minute extension is provided, should a higher bid have been placed. Extensions may only be granted for a maximum of 2 hours after the originally designated end time of the electronic auction, at which [time] all bidding ends.   Can an auction be suspended or interrupted? What happens in such cases? The competent Auction Employee may - at his own discretion – suspend or cancel an electronic auction. In this case, the registered Prospective Bidders are accordingly notified of this action by message.   How are bids submitted? The electronic auctions conducted are of an Open Type during which consecutive bids are made. Bidders continuously submit bids in excess of the highest bid at that point, and until the end of the auction.   What form must the bid have? A bid must come in the form of a positive rational, decimal number with a maximum of two decimals following the decimal point [dot].   What amount can I bid above the current offer? The minimum bid increment value (bid) must be at least 1 euro (1,00€) higher than the numerical value of the current bid, that is of the ‘highest bid’.   How can I submit my bids? The system allows for the submission of a bid. In the “Add new bid” field, the participating Prospective Bidder may enter the bid and click on the “Bid Submission” button.   What if I have made a mistake on the bidding price? After the "Bid Submission" option is selected - and prior to final submission - the system prompts you to confirm the bid price to be submitted. If you confirm this, the bid price is submitted and a message of successful placement appears, whilst the bid becomes binding.   What happens after I submit my bid? Following a successful bid, the participating Prospective Bidder is re-ranked, and the bid appears on the relevant auction page.   Is there a delay the bid submission and the time of [it’s] registration in the system? Yes, there is; Due to short or longer delays in your connection or your network and / or Internet in general there is a delay from the time you submit your bid until it is registered in the system’s database and counted. The time at which the bid is submitted to IL.SY.PLEIS shall be deemed to be the time when the offer is registered in the IL.SY.PLEIS database. In any case, it is strongly recommended that you should consider the above-mentioned conditions, for the timely submission of your bids.   Is it safe to submit my offer at the end of the auction or any end of an extension? It is rather precarious to place bids marginally at the ending of the auctions or their extensions, as due to short or longer delays in your connection or your network and / or the internet in general, the bid may reach the database after the expiry time of the auction and therefore be characterized as past due. It should be noted that the time stamp of each bid on IL.SY.PLEIS, is deemed to be the electronic registration of the bid in the database of IL.SY.PLEIS.   What happens after the end of the bidding period? After the end of the bidding, the participating prospective bidder can no longer submit bids. On the monitoring and bidding screen, the user will see the Current Price - which now corresponds to the sale price -, the Last Bid submitted by the user and the user’s Ranking.   After the end of the bidding process, how can I see the background of the bids submitted by me? Once the procedure has ended on the monitoring and bidding screen, the bidder will be able to see, in detail, the bids submitted by him. All who have taken part in the electronic auction shall be informed without delay of the outcome of the auction.   How do I know the outcome of the auction and the winning bidder’s details? At the end of the bidding procedure, and in accordance with to the foreseen time limits, the Auction Employee redacts the report of par.2 of article 965 Code of Civil Procedure, awarding the asset to the winning bidder. Every participating Prospective Bidder may contact the Auction Employee, and request for a copy of the conduction report or apply accordingly for any other information.   What are the main forms of wills in Greece? * the authentic (or "public") will, drawn up by a notary.  * the private will, written, dated and signed by the hand of the testator.  * the secret will, placed in a sealed envelope and handed over to a notary. Is there a wills register in Greece? No, there is currently no wills register in Greece. For which reasons should one deposit a will with a notary? It is not mandatory to deposit your will with a notary (for example, a private will can be stored, in a valid way, at the owner's home). However, a will that is not found is tantamount to a will that does not exist; It is therefore recommended that the will be deposited with a notary. The testator will thus facilitate the search for his last wishes after death, which when found, can be kept. Furthermore, although it is possible to draw up a will on your own, the contribution of a notary will be particularly valuable, since such is an expert on this matter. The advice of a notary will ensure that a will is drafted in compliance with the law and will not therefore be in danger of becoming void.   Where is the will stored? Wills written by, or deposited with, a notary shall be kept at the office of the respected notary. The notary will then send the local court a list of the wills held in his possession. It is not the will itself that is sent to the court, but the evidence that will allow [it] to be found.   How is someone able to find the will of their relatives? Notaries receive a list of the persons who have been deemed as deceased each month. They must then check whether they retain the will of one of the persons listed in that list at their office. If that is the case, they must send the will to the court so that it can be published. Following the publication, the notary responsible for regulating the succession will be made aware of the existence of the will.   Can the relatives of the testator be made aware of the existence and content of the will while the testator is alive? The content of the will shall remain a secret for as long as the owner [of the will] is alive. On the contrary, its existence can be revealed even while the testator is alive.   I am a third-country citizen and have in my possession, or wish to acquire, real estate in Greece, as a natural person. Am I also able to issue a residence permit? Yes, you are; as long as the value of the property (as described on the purchase contract) is at least EUR 250 000, then you have the option of obtaining a five-year residence permit. This permit may be renewed for an additional five (5) years each time, provided that the third-country national remains the owner of the property.   What is the relevant legislation providing for the possibility of obtaining a residence permit as a property owner? The relevant provisions on the possibility of being granted a ‘permanent residence permit of an investor’ (Property Owner) are set out in the following articles: Article 20, point B, of Law 4251/2014 (Government Gazette A’ 80), Article 8 (par. 26-30) and Article 14 par. 1, Law 4332/2015 (Government Gazette A’ 76)     How is the purchase price of the property paid? Paragraph 2(b) of Article 20B of Law 4251/2014 (Government Gazette A’ 80), as amended by Article 14(1) of Law 4332/2015 (Government Gazette  A’ 76) provides that ‘The purchase price shall be paid by means of a crossed check or by bank transfer to the account of the beneficiary,  whom is a beneficiary of a bank account at a Greek banking institution or with a credit institution supervised by the Bank of Greece, the details of which shall be declared by the parties to the Notary drafting the contract and shall be indicated thereon. The total amount of the property price should have been properly paid, i.e. in accordance with the above provisions, otherwise the third-country citizen, investor, cannot be subject to the provisions of Article 20B of Law 4251/2014, as applicable.   Which procedure should I follow? The procedure to be followed, whether you have already purchased the property or intend to purchase it, is as follows:  (a) You must first contact the Greek consular offices of your residence and apply for a entry visa (Type D or C where applicable). The general supporting documents required for the issue of a type C visa or type D visa shall be indicated on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the following link: http://www.mfa.gr/theoriseis-eisodou-visas/.More specified supporting documents required for the issue of a national entry visa in the event that the purchase process of the property has not yet been initiated or has not yet been completed are described in the Common Ministerial Decree 68019/2015 (Government Gazette B’ 2272), in category C 3.2. concerning property owners. To view the relevant Decree, click here.  Should you be a third-country national from a country where the Greek authorities do not require the possession of an entry visa (for entry into Greece) in accordance with the provisions of Council Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 (type C visa), you have the possibility to enter the country by receiving the relevant stamp on your passport (‘entry stamp’) from the Greek border authorities.  (b) If you are provided with the entry visa or the relevant stamp on the passport (due to being exempt from a type C visa) you may enter Greece and apply for a residence permit immediately, if the procedures for the purchase of the property have been completed, or take the necessary steps to complete the purchase (investment). In any event, the procedures should be completed before the expiry of the entry visa or the period of validity of the stay in accordance with the Schengen rules, as the application for authorization must be made within the period during which you are legally present on Greek territory (before the expiry of the entry visa). For cases of nationals from third countries whose citizens, whether they have a visa requirement or are exempt from the obligation to hold it, see here.   What are the supporting documents necessary for the initial granting of a residence permit as a property owner? All required documentation can be found in the Common Ministerial Decree 68019/2015 (Government Gazette B’ 2272), in category C 3.2. concerning property owners. This Decision can be found at the following link: http://www.ypes.gr/UserFiles/f0ff9297-f516-40ff-a70e-eca84e2ec9b9/FEK2272-211015.pdf The initial supporting documents in order to be granted residency as a property owner are as follows:  Four (4) recent colour photos in physical form, the technical specifications of which are the same as those of passports as applicable, in addition to digital copies provided on an optical storage disk (CD) in JPEG 2000 graphics format,  A Certified copy of a valid passport (all pages),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of five hundred euro (EUR 500) (code 4741),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of EUR sixteen (16) for the cost of printing the document (code 4762),  An insurance contract, issued by an underwriter and which was either concluded in its country of origin with insurance cover in Greece, or is concluded in Greece with insurance cover as defined in the Common Ministerial Decree No. 53821/2014,  The purchase contract stating that ‘the contract for the sale of the property is not concluded under any conditions or contingent details, the total price of which amounts to …. and has been paid in its entirety by means of a crossed check or by bank transfer to the account of the beneficiary, whom is a beneficiary of a bank account at a Greek banking institution or with a credit institution supervised by the Bank of Greece.’ Lastly, evidence of the registration of the contract by the competent Land Registry or Notary attestation (if less than EUR 250 000 was paid at the time of purchase of the property but the present objective value of the property exceeds or is equal to that amount), upon which it must be stated, ‘From the inspection of No. ... property purchase contract, it is evident that the price of the property was paid in full and the contract is not concluded under any conditions or contingent details and time-limited and the objective value of the property as it stands is …….. This case relates to sales that took place before the adoption of the provisions of Law 4251/2014. With regards to the renewal of the residence permit, it should be proven that the property remains in the ownership and legal possession of the person concerned (‘ownership and possession’).   At which public authority must I apply for a “Permanent residence permit of an investor” (property owner)? The application shall be submitted to the one-stop service of the competent Directorate of the Decentralized Administration of the place of residence of the applicant. Applications for an initial residence permit, submission of additional supporting documents and the receipt of the residence permit or declined application or other documents from the file concerned may be submitted either in person by the third-country national or through a proxy.   Can the entire permit procedure (application & receipt of residence permit) be completed by a proxy lawyer? The applicant, third-country investor, may file the application through a proxy lawyer on the strict condition that the applicant has, within a reasonable time before the application for the residence permit, entered the Greek territory at least once. In addition, the applicant must, in any event, visit the Immigration Office, either at the time of the application or a later date (after a pre-booked appointment) for the submission of his biometric data with the Office, as such us required for the issue of the residence permit in the form of the stand-alone document (biometric photo, fingerprints, signature sample and copy of passport - the page including all personal details). For more information on the application and issuing procedures for the stand-alone document, you can find more information in Circular 7/2017 of the Directorate for Migration Policy of the Ministry of Migration by tapping here   Can I apply for a residence permit if I have purchased land and wish to build on that land or already own a building on the land? What documentation is needed? Yes, you may; the provisions of Article 20B of Law 4251/2014 allow so if the sum of the value of the purchase contract and the building contract is at least two hundred and fifty thousand (250 000) euro. In that case, the person concerned must provide the following documentation:  The purchase contract for the land, which indicates that ‘the contract for the sale of the land is not concluded under any conditions or contingent details, the total price of which amounts to ….’,  Registration proof from the competent Land Registry A building permit in the name of the interested party Invoices of the contractor concerned and the corresponding payment receipts  A construction agreement filed with the tax office  Four (4) recent colour photos in physical form, the technical specifications of which are the same as those of passports as applicable, in addition to digital copies provided on an optical storage disk (CD) in JPEG 2000 graphics format,  A Certified copy of a valid passport (all pages),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of five hundred euro (EUR 500) (code 4741),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of EUR sixteen (16) for the cost of printing the document (code 4762),  An insurance contract, issued by an underwriter and which was either concluded in its country of origin with insurance cover in Greece, or is concluded in Greece with insurance cover as defined in the Common Ministerial Decree No. 53821/2014 What about cases of a legal entities wishing to purchase real estate in Greece? Paragraph 1(c) of Article 20B of Law 4251/2014 (Government Gazette 80A) provides for the possibility of granting a residence permit as owner of a property to a third-country national who has full ownership and possession of real estate in Greece, purchased through a legal entity the shares of which are wholly owned by the person applying for residency.     Can I lease hotel accommodation in Greece and receive a residence permit as the owner of a property? What documentation is needed? Yes, you may. Paragraph 1(d) of Article 20B of Law 4251/2014 states that a third-country national shall be entitled to fire for a residence permit if he has entered into a timeshare contract in accordance with the provisions of Law 1652/1986 ‘Timeshare Agreements and Related Matters’ (A 167), as applicable. As regards the supporting documents, in addition to the general supporting documents referred to above, the following documents are also necessary:  A copy of a notarial deed for the lease of hotel accommodation or tourist furnished accommodation in tourist accommodation properties, showing the lump sum of EUR 250 000 paid and indicating that a relevant operating mark by the National Tourist Agency (EOT) shall be granted;  Proof of registration of the timeshare contract with a duration of at least ten years, indicating the price payable per year, at the relevant Land Registry A land registry certificate from the relevant department and an EOT certificate that the Agency has been aware of the drawing up of that timeshare,  Four (4) recent colour photos in physical form, the technical specifications of which are the same as those of passports as applicable, in addition to digital copies provided on an optical storage disk (CD) in JPEG 2000 graphics format,  A Certified copy of a valid passport (all pages),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of five hundred euro (EUR 500) (code 4741),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of EUR sixteen (16) for the cost of printing the document (code 4762),  An insurance contract, issued by an underwriter and which was either concluded in its country of origin with insurance cover in Greece, or is concluded in Greece with insurance cover as defined in the Common Ministerial Decree No. 53821/2014 All required supporting documents can be found in the Common Ministerial Decree 68019/2015 (Government Gazette B’ 2272), in category C 3.2. concerning property owners. You can find this Decree by tapping here   Can I bring my family members with me? What documentation is needed? The beneficiary, third-country national, may also be accompanied by the members of his family to whom, at their request, an individual residence permit expiring at the same time as the owner’s residence permit is issued. For the purposes of the law, family members are deemed as: (a) the spouse, (b) the direct descendants in a descending line of the spouse who are under 21 years of age, (c) the direct descendants in an ascending line of the spouse.  For children over the age of 21 and up to the age of 24 years, a residence permit issued by members of the family shall be granted on the basis of the provisions of Article 76 of Law 4251/2014.  The relevant supporting documents of family members shall be as follows:  Four (4) recent colour photos in physical form, the technical specifications of which are the same as those of passports as applicable, in addition to digital copies provided on an optical storage disk (CD) in JPEG 2000 graphics format,  A Certified copy of a valid passport (all pages),  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of five hundred euro (EUR 500) (code 4741) for the spouse, and for the amount of four hundred and fifty euro (EUR 450) for an adult child,  A government issued administrative bond fee [e-paravolo] for the amount of EUR sixteen (16) for the cost of printing the document (code 4762),  An insurance contract, issued by an underwriter and which was either concluded in its country of origin with insurance cover in Greece, or is concluded in Greece with insurance cover as defined in the Common Ministerial Decree No. 53821/2014.  In the case of entry into the country with a type C visa, a certified copy of a family status certificate is required in order to establish the family relationship. Where they have received a national entry visa from the competent consular authority, a declaration of compliance with their family status shall be required.   Am I entitled to apply for a residence permit as a property owner, in the case that I own more than one property? Yes, it is sufficient that the total of real estate owned, based on the market value indicated in the purchase contract, amounts to a minimum of EUR 250 000 and that the price, in all cases, has been properly paid.   Do I have the right to work provided I receive a residence permit of a property owner? The residence permit does not permit any form of employment in Greece. The concept of employment, however, does not include economic activity as a shareholder, a member of the board, or the Executive Director of companies established prior to the submission of the application for the residence permit. The above exception for the exercise of an economic activity also applies to third-country nationals holding the status of partner and the manager of any form of capital company (SA, LTD, PC).   Can I travel to the Schengen area by means of a visa or residence permit? In view of the principle of equivalence between residence permits and long-stay visas, as regards the free movement of the holder in Single Schengen area, any third-country national holding a long-stay visa issued by a Member State with a period of validity of up to one year may travel to other Member States for three months per six months, under the same conditions as the holder of a residence permit, whilst also having the right to multiple entries.   What is a cadastre? It is a complete record of all properties and rights upon those properties throughout the Greek territory, with the aim of protecting and safeguarding them.   What is the difference between the Cadastre and the Land Registry? The Cadastre is a more modern and integrated system in relation to the old system of Mortgages and Conveyancing used by the Land Registries. The Cadastre provides a complete record of the information relating to each property, combining spatial information with legal information. As regards the guarantee of legal information, the primacy of the cadastre database is that it has a structure central to a cadastral. In other words, it provides the opportunity to begin a search on the property rather than on the individual (owner), as is the case of the Land Registry. As far as technical information is concerned, the cadastre database provides citizens with access to the geometric data of the property in question, which until now had not been recorded on any database. In addition, the cadastre records rights which, until now, had not been recorded in any database, as is the usual practice in Greece.   What is the KAEK (National Cadastre Code Number)? The National Cadastre Code Number is a unique 12-digit number assigned to all property, providing for an easy and quick search of the Cadastre database. Each of the digits constituting the 12digit number provides a specific piece of information, namely, the Region in which the plot is located, the Municipality or Municipal District or Community, the ‘cadastre sector’, the ‘cadastre unit’ and, lastly, the serial number of the plot within the unit.   What about the properties that no one will declare? These properties are recorded as [of an] "unknown owner" in the Initial Records. After the cadastre registration has been completed, in the event of an incorrect Initial registration, such may be objected and rectified wholly or partly within an eight-year period ending on 31 December of the year in which the eight-year period from the date of the Greek Government Gazette publication of the decision on the entry into force of the Cadastre in the said region. For the areas in which the time period, or its extension, had not lapsed on 30.11.2018, a correction period up to 31.12.2020 shall be introduced. Such are the areas of the old cadastre programs which were declared to be registered in the cadastre records before Law 3481/2006 entered into force.   Which area is deemed agricultural and how can I find out if the area I am interested in is characterized as such? Agricultural land, according to cadastre mapping, are defined as the areas which are outside the city plan or out of the village limits of a village existing prior to 1923, or out of the town limits of a town of less than 2 000 inhabitants and which does not have any features of systemic construction. If your property is not within city planning limits, you should contact your Cadastre Office to find out if it is in a designated rural or urban area.   I've submitted my property details to the Cadastre and now I want to sell my property. Is it necessary to attach a Cadastre Certificate? No, you do not need to attach a certificate or certification of submitted details so as to transfer your property. The buyer is under an obligation to declare the property he is now acquiring at the competent Cadastre Office, and within one month of the day he transfers the deeds at the Land Registry. We note that such a submission is not deemed overdue, but is provided for by law so as to update the cadastre database during the transitional stage of the cadastre office. A cadastre property certificate will be required for the drafting of a contract, a claim before court and the registration of any act at the Land Registry concerning your property. Can I register the details of a property, for which I have only pre-contracted, in the Cadastre? A pre-contract is an act which cannot be registered with the Land Registry, so it does not guarantee that you are the owner the property. You will have to correct such issues in order to submit your property details to the Cadastre. Please note in particular the following: If 20 years have passed since the signing of the pre-contract and you are in possession of the property, then you can declare it as your own under the provisions of the right to urgent use and provide the pre-contract as proof of the exercise of the right.   Can I declare a right to a property which was acquired through inheritance and for which I have not accepted (or otherwise act for it, for example, certificate of succession)? Yes, you can register your right with the Cadastre even if you haven't accepted the inheritance. In such a case, however, you must provide the necessary supporting documents, depending on whether or not there is a will. In particular:  Inheritance with a will: the title of the deceased (if any) the death certificate, a copy of the published will, a certificate for non-publication of a will, a certificate for non-renunciation of inheritance; Inheritance without a will:  the title of the deceased (if any), the death certificate, a certificate of close relatives, a certificate that now will has been published, and a certificate of non-renunciation of inheritance. When the acceptance of inheritance act is drawn up and registered with the Land Registry, a copy of the act and the certificate of registration should be presented to the Cadastre Office in order to guarantee the right.   What are ancillary areas? When are storage rooms and parking areas declared as a separate rights over the property and paid for accordingly? Ancillary areas are the storage rooms and parking areas of a building, which are declared in the Cadastre only if they are in fact separate spaces, i.e. they own part of the plot. I have a right to build upwards ("air rights") over a property. Is this registered with the Cadastre? The right to build upwards is a separate right when a horizontal property gives rise to an un-constructed area, i.e. it has ownership on the land. Under such conditions it is normally declared as a right in the Cadastre.   When will the variable fee of 1‰ for the cadastre be paid? Will it be paid by each co-beneficiary or by everyone (i.e. shared)? The variable cadastre fee of 1 per thousand will be paid when the cadastre registration process is completed, and only by the owners and usufruct holders. This fee is determined on the basis of an objective value of the property resulting from the price of the zone, the age and the floor, after deducting twenty thousand (EUR 20 000) from the value of the property. In the case of co-beneficiaries, the twenty thousand euro shall be deducted for each beneficiary and the remaining amount shall be calculated at the rate of 1 per thousand, which shall be allocated to the co-beneficiaries.   How is adverse possession registered and what documentation is required? In order to state the cause of your right to adverse possession, if there is no court issued final judgment, you must provide documents proving the adverse possession, e.g. electricity and phone bills, etc., leases, evidence of subsidy, act of recognition of limits, registration of mortgages and other charges, E9 forms, etc. These documents must show that the property has been in your possession for 20 years. Following the implementation of the cadastre data, adverse possession rights shall not be registered with the purpose of obtaining property which is registered as "unknown owner" but is subject to an objection with subsequent notification of the Greek State.   Who is required to register property details with the Cadastre? Any natural or legal entity possessing a right in rem or in title over immovable property must submit property details to the Cadastre. In particular, the property owner, who has complete or bare ownership, and any proprietor of a usufruct and personal or actual easement (in any content), the proprietor of securities, seizure, action, leasing contract (timeshare, financing,) and any other right as defined in Law 2308/1995 as amended and in force shall be required to register the property details with Greek Cadastre. Persons managing property on behalf of others (e.g. testament liquidator, bankruptcy administrator, curator of inheritance, executor of wills, property manager, etc.) are also required to register.   I want to submit property details to the Cadastre. What should I do? (necessary supporting documents, deadlines, etc.) See all the information on the registration process here See sample forms for registration here   Is the drafting of private lease agreements no longer possible? SUCH IS NOT THE CASE. The submission of information on the leasing of real property shall be done exclusively for tax purposes and written and oral agreements shall be equally accepted for that purpose. Such a declaration does not define the relations of the Contracting Parties (lessor and lessee) as regulated by the Civil Code.   When is there an obligation to submit details with the Tax Office? LEASING AND SUBLEASING of residential properties and land shall be required to electronically submit all information relating to leases or concession of land, whether in writing or oral, and irrespective of whether the rental amount is paid in cash or in kind. Persons who provide housing up to 200 sq m to others for free are excluded of the above in order for the property to be used as the principal residence for relatives in the ascending line or in the descending line.   What types of lease agreements require submission? a)    Residential property lease agreements b)    Professional/commercial lease agreements c)     Tourist accommodation (short - term leases of up to 3 months)  d)    Agricultural leases  e)    Concession of use agreements (free of charge or with consideration in kind) Whom is obliged to submit the information? The LESSOR or sublessor or provider of the use of the property or land free of charge, and in the case of more than one of the above, each person has an obligation to do so.   Is it mandatory to fill in the EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) Protocol? BASED ON ARTICLE 58 para. 3 of N. 4342/2015 (FEK 143/09/11/2015) it is indeed mandatory. Therefore, if you have an obligation to issue an EPC for the property you are leasing then you must fill in the fields under the ‘Energy Certificate’ section.   Who can enter into contracts? All adult citizens (over the age of 18) of sound mind have legal capacity to enter into a contract. Minors (under the age of 18) may be parties to a contract but are represented by their parents, while those who are not of sound mind are represented by a special commissioner appointed by the court.   How can I learn the objective value of my property? The objective values of property in the Greek territory are recorded in databases accessible to notaries and lawyers.   What is the objective value of a property? The objective value of a property is the tax authorities' view of the minimum taxable value of the property. The tax authority uses specific criteria such as the area where the property is located, residential development, planning rules, transport access, etc. From time to time, the real estate values change. The objective value of the property can also be used as the minimum price indicated in the contract.   What is a contract? A contract is a written agreement between the parties [to it], drawn up by a notary. This confirms the authenticity and legal correctness of the text. The purpose of the contract is to record, in detail, the declarations and agreements of the parties.   What should a contract contain? Each contract must contain the full and correct details of the identity of the parties, a full description of the property with reference to plats and a historical citation of the succession of the property. The contract must also record all types of agreements between the parties, particularly financial ones.   In which cases is a notarial deed necessary? A notarial deed is required in any act involving the transfer of property (purchase, sale, inter vivos parental conveyance, donation etc). A notarial deed is also needed for the establishment of horizontal properties and building regulations, the regulation of property limits, the establishment of a mortgage and the establishment of an easement (the provision of passage through one’s property).  


If you need further and more specific information regarding your matter, the team of symbolaia.gr is here to help you.



CONTACT HOURS: Mo-Fr 09:00-21:00





Symbolaia.gr (hereinafter the "Team"), is an interdisciplinary team of lawyers and real estate experts.

Contact info:


Law Office

Ioannis Panagiotis Christodoulou

Skoufa 71Α Τ.Κ. 10680, Athens

Tel. 210 3610344

Our Team is the beneficiary of this website with Domain Name https://www.symbolaia.gr/ (hereinafter "the Website").

The use of the Website is subject to the terms set forth herein and in its integral parts.

The visitor / user is invited to read them carefully and to use the Website, only if he fully accepts them.

In case he does not agree with the terms of use of the Website, he must not use its services and content.

The visitor / user is requested to check the content of the specific pages for possible changes.

The continued use of the Website even after any changes means the unconditional acceptance by the user of these terms.

Website Purpose

This website is NOT intended to advertise legal services.

It is a place of information and exchange of ideas in the context of the information society.

This page does not in any way provide professional or paid Legal advice.

These are provided by our law firm, according to what we quote in detail below.

This page simply expresses opinions and views on various issues that arise and raises concerns, creating the basis for a broader public debate.

 The participation of the visitors and some of the electronic posts of this website is offered free of charge.

Any reference by the website or third parties to a legal matter should be treated in the light of:

a) That it is a general and short answer having a purely informative character, in the context of a discussion and a dialogue, the beginning of which you attempted.

b) It does not in any way replace the relationship between a Lawyer and a client, it is not legal advice and no attempt is made to attract and associate potential clients. Everyone is free to choose whether to participate in the wider dialogue and to submit their own opinion, within the legal framework and without prejudice to persons and institutions. In the event that persons and institutions are affected, the management of the website is entitled to withdraw any relevant report and to denounce the specific behavior in any legal way. The same can be done by the users of the websites in the special communication boxes or by sending an e-mail to the email address info@symbolaia.gr.

c) The information from this page and the information you collect through it are used at your own risk, as they are simple opinions and thoughts, without legal character

d) The answers and information given to questions of legal content - topics to visitors are purely informative, general and brief in the context of dialogue and are not given in any way in the context of a professional relationship between lawyer - client, and are used in any case exclusively responsibility of the requested visitor.

e) We do not bear any responsibility from the use of the answers - information provided within the above frameworks - information. Those visitors who ask questions on legal issues of their interest automatically accept explicitly and unconditionally the above condition - condition, without any other wording.

f) The client-Lawyer relationship is established only after an explicit written agreement and not by simply visiting a website or sending a message in any way to the Lawyer. Binding legal advice is provided only upon remuneration, which arises and is proved by a relevant private agreement between a client lawyer, excluding any other means of proof, even that of the oath.

By accepting these conditions you can ask questions and participate in the wider dialogue on topics that may be of interest to you. Any of your messages are confidential and only for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and who has asked our opinion. No part of them may be reproduced, adapted, copied or transmitted without the written permission of the owner. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination, sending, printing or copying of any e-mail by an invalid recipient and its associated attachments is strictly prohibited. Otherwise the management of the website reserves all legal rights.

Content Change

The Information and Content contained in this website and in general on the website of the Law Firm "Ioannis Panagiotis Christodoulou" are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Law Firm, without prior notice to the public.

The management of the website reserves the right to change or modify the applicable terms, privacy policy and conditions for the use of the website at any time, without notice to users.

Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions to the terms and conditions of use will take effect immediately, ie from their posting on the website. Any use of the website after such change or modification will be considered as acceptance by the user of the changes, modifications, additions or deletions.

The management of the website may, at any time, terminate, change, suspend or terminate any individual operation of the website including the availability of services, presentation or description of any product or service.

In case any user finds any nature of violation of the operation of the website agrees explicitly and unequivocally that he will primarily report it to the management by sending a simple e-mail to info@symbolaia.gr. The management of the website is committed to act immediately to restore the proper use and operation of the services of the website that have suffered a problem or need to be changed. Otherwise the complainant will be entitled to compensation for any damage to the management of the website and the law firm from any untimely and without prior notice to the management of the website or the law firm, offensive, defamatory complaint to any authority.

Liability Disclaimer

Websites of mostly legal interest for information provided by third parties, to which this site refers through "hyperlinks", are not controlled in terms of their content, availability, privacy policy, quality and the completeness of the services by the webmaster of this site.

Any questions regarding this, the information or sources outside of this page, should be addressed to the competent third party providers and not to the administrator of this site.

The existence of links to websites of non-legal interest (simple link or banner), exist within the framework of this web hosting to a provider (web hosting) and all the above apply to them as well.

This website is not responsible for the content of these links and every visitor of this website accepts in advance the disclaimer of our relevant responsibilities from the use of these and their contents.

In any case, even in case of negligence, the website and its management and the above law firm are not responsible for

a) any form of damage suffered by the user from the choices and content of the website which he visits on his own initiative and with the knowledge of the terms herein. The visitor of this website assumes sole responsibility for any damage caused by misuse of the relevant services.

Furthermore, this law firm does not guarantee that the pages and contents will be provided without interruption, without errors and that errors will be corrected. There is also no guarantee that this website or the servers through which it is made available to visitors will be free of "viruses" or other harmful components or that their websites, services, options or results are correct, complete and available at all times.

b) for any damages of any kind - in nature, regarding the availability, provision or inadequacy of the provision of services or information, your access or inability to access the services, or your own use and reliance on information available on those services.

c) publication of your personal data or other sensitive information. In such cases, you accept your full and exclusive responsibility for any possible consequences, even in the case of malicious harassment by third parties.

d) for any damages of any kind - nature, arising from the fact that the information on the Internet is to some extent secure, with the possibility of interception or incorrect sending or at the will of a third party to another email address.

e) that our website and its pages will be virus-free, or any other component that is harmful to your PC operating system. It is the sole responsibility of each user to ensure that the use of antivirus software ensures that your personal computer and your files are not infected with viruses or malicious programs - applications, as well as the possible fight against any detected virus.

In any case, you are charged with all the costs, for the necessary maintenance, repair or repair of your computer and your system in general for its return to the previous normal state.

Finally, it is expressly agreed herewith that in the event that any action, claim, administrative or judicial proceeding is brought against the Website resulting from any form of infringement of the user or untimely and without prior notice complaint to third parties, the user undertakes on the one hand to intervene in the relevant litigation and on the other hand to compensate the Website in case he is obliged to pay compensation or other expense or in case the user's action caused any kind of damage to the reputation of the law firm.


This website requests from the personal data ONLY a name or a pseudonym and an e-mail address, through various Communication Boxes AND MONO IF the users choose to contact the website and ask concerns and questions.

You will NEVER be asked for any reason other information about your personality and other personal data from our website IF you do not ask us a question.

WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY if you are asked to enter your personal data in other special forms of communication because it EXACTLY WILL NOT BE OURS.

This website is EMPHASIZED that it only asks for Name or nickname and e-mail ONLY in case a question or concern is addressed to us.

In no other case will you be asked for any such registration. When asked or asked for your opinion or concerns you fully accept the fact that you enter your name and e-mail and agree to it unconditionally. Consent is also given when you VOLUNTARILY comment under a relevant article-opinion as it is published on the above website.

Nevertheless, data that is sent voluntarily through communication frameworks such as e-mail, name and name are NOT stored in electronic databases, they are NOT collected, processed, managed, disposed of for any purpose and by any natural or legal person and in particular this of the commercial analysis / exploitation made by other websites and used only to process the communication between the visitors and the website. Immediately after the answer they are deleted. The data will NEVER be displayed on a publicly accessible website or given to third parties. In case the user requests legal advice, he will be asked for his TIN ONLY for the issuance of a Tax Document. The same is true of forms for filling out information on retirement information, which are deleted immediately after the answer. In this case, information such as name and contact phone number is requested, as well as the information mentioned in the form exclusively and ONLY for the processing of the order. Immediately after they are deleted.

The management and protection of the personal data of the visitor / user of the services of the website is subject to the terms of this section as well as to the relevant provisions of the Greek legislation (Law 2472/1997 for the protection of the individual and the protection of personal data as supplemented by the decisions of the Chairman of the Committee for Personal Data Protection, PD 207/1998 and 79/2000 and article 8 of Law 2819/2000 as well as Law 2774/1999 and European law (directives 95/46 / EC These terms are formulated in the light of both the rapid development of technology and in particular the Internet and the existing - albeit underdeveloped - set of legal arrangements on these issues. In any case, the website reserves the right to change the terms of protection of personal data and after informing the visitors / users and within the existing or possible legal framework. If a visitor / user does not agree with the terms of protection of personal data provided herein must not use the services of the website.

The website accepts the personal data entered by the visitors / member users, a) when the visitor / user subscribes to his services b) when he uses his products and / or services and c) when he visits his pages and / or enters the its promotional / advertising programs.

When registering the visitor / user in the electronic services of the website, the requested information is the following: Name, Surname, Street, Number, City, Post Code, Telephone, Profession, E-mail address, Tax Identification Number and Tax Office .

The website uses the personal data of visitors / users / members for the following reasons:

-the informative support of its customers / users and the selection of the content it offers them, so that it is relevant to their general preferences, as they have been expressed during their voluntary registration in the online services of the website.

-the material support of its customers / users regarding the services and products available from and through the website and which they have used or purchased.

-they are informed about the legal news.

- Their 24-hour ability to delete any of their data using a simple hyperlink Link that has been sent to them in the relevant e-mail they stated.

The website gives the right to users / members to delete their personal data, to correct and / or update their personal data and / or to deactivate their registration, at any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, visiting simply the relevant service of the website through the hyperlink sent to them in the e-mail they stated during their registration.

The website undertakes not to sell, rent or in any way publish and / or disclose the personal data of its visitors / users / members to any third party. The website is obliged to provide personal data to the authorities as part of a judicial review or after the adoption of a relevant law that forces the disclosure of information.

As far as the newsletter is concerned, all security specifications are met. In this case, those of you who voluntarily fill in your e-mail (you also assume the responsibility of assigning your personal data voluntarily), will be sent a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail account you stated. There, as provided by the relevant legislation for the protection of personal data from spam messages, you will be informed each time if you wish to receive updates from the website. In case you activate the option by clicking the hyperlink link that will be given to you, you will be easily and simply deleted from the newsletter. As the legislation for the protection of personal data also provides you have the possibility in the same way to be deleted from the list by clicking the relevant deletion link located in the e-mail that will be sent to you in the first and in each subsequent newsletter. You will receive the newsletter only in case a new article is posted on the website and not for any other reason or without a reason. No newsletter is foreseen and will not be sent unless a new article is posted. In any other case of sending a newsletter, the user is obliged to inform within 6 hours from the receipt of the message the management of the site at info@symbolaia.gr, in order to determine who is plotting the service. Otherwise management is NOT responsible for anything related to this mission. The website is NOT going to give the newsletter list to any third party. Besides, a database related to this is not kept for any purpose. The management and the office are released from any responsibility in case a third party maliciously retrieves the relevant material by any method using illegal or legal technical means. In any case, if you want to unsubscribe from the newsletter you can send an e-mail with the subject of deleting the newsletter to info@symbolaia.gr, in addition to the possibility that you can simply click the hyperlink to the e-mail you have stated.

Both the website and our office are NOT responsible in case of malicious attack hacking on the website and its data, as the website always keeps the latest and updated versions of security protection. This responsibility does not exist in any case if the cyber attack on the security systems is done directly on the server, since it is not at the sole discretion of the website to intervene to correct the problem, but to the server administrator.


Use of Cookies

Our website may use cookies to identify the visitor / user of certain services and pages. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard drive of each visitor / user and do not receive knowledge of any document or file from his computer. They are used only to facilitate the visitor / user access to specific services of the website and for statistical purposes in order to determine the areas in which the services of the website are useful or popular. The visitor / user of the website can configure his server (browser) in such a way that either warns him about the use of cookies in specific services of the website, or does not allow the acceptance of the use of cookies in any case. In case the visitor / user of the specific services and pages of the website does not wish the use of cookies for his / her identification, he / she cannot have further access to these services, since these services are connected with cookies.

In case you wish to configure your browser not to accept the use of cookies.

Legal Advice - Mandate Agreement.

Our law firm provides services and legal advice as defined in the Bar Code.

Legal advice is given upon signing or acceptance of the relevant legal order contract which is also sent as a copy to the principal. The trustee performs all the procedural acts within the framework of the mandate. The principal has the right to request and receive the payment of the amount of legal advice he did online and free of charge until the completion and sending of the data form for the start of the data processing process by the principal and in any case not beyond the 14th day from his payment calendar (full days) if he has not sent a completed form with the processing data by that time. Otherwise, the order contract is executed or the amount is forfeited as a criminal clause and unproven compensation in favor of the principal in any other case. The order contract is revoked under the conditions mentioned in it, while as for the payment of the amount that has already been made, the immediately preceding ones apply. No withdrawal of order or refund of payment amount explicitly agreed by the parties that it will not take place when the completed form has been sent or when the 14th day has passed from the payment of the amount without the relevant form being sent but the amount has been paid.

The online phone session service

To use the online phone service, you agree to the terms of use and data protection policy.

STEP 1 We call you on a Greek landline or mobile phone which you must have correctly stated on the form.

STEP 2 We make as 3 attempts to call you on the phone you have stated. If we do not find you, we will answer your question via email and try to reschedule a telephone appointment.

STEP 3 We answer your questions, giving you legal advice.

The phone call costs 80.00 euros, plus VAT and can last up to an hour.

For further services, we can offer you and negotiate our fees.

Telephone sessions take place in the afternoon from 12:00 to 19:00 from Monday to Friday

Language of communication: Greek / English

Calls are prohibited from being recorded

Online Services - Credit Card Details

Our office provides electronic services for a fee, and the possibility of using a credit card. Our office has chosen the safest ways to pay for a service that is available for a fee. Specifically, it enables the user to transfer the amount of the charge directly to a bank account of the office or to use his debit or credit card through the special trading platform.

In both cases the user is obliged in order to complete the transaction to enter either in a payment environment with inaccessible security systems of the bank of his choice or in the inaccessible security system. In both cases the transaction and the charge IS NOT MADE IN THE ENVIRONMENT neither of our website, nor of our office nor of the SERVER in which the website is hosted but from an exclusive environment of the banks

Consumer rights - Withdrawal from the order contract - Authenticity of copies you provide us. Online Store Policy

Upon entering the details and paying for the relevant service by you, a private order contract agreement will be sent to you in the e-mail you stated or on our website under the service. With this order you assign to our office the order to process the specific service that you purchased online. If you do not reply electronically or by telephone or do not accept this order within 14 days then you are tacitly accepted. The same happens if during the same period you use these services by filing from our office or from a third party lawyer of your choice of the relevant petition or send us the relevant documents that we requested for the completion of our work. In case you do not agree with the specific order contract within the same period of time then you cancel the order or non-order, in which case the amount you paid will be returned in full within the same deadline. If this period has elapsed and you still do not wish to continue the order then you will be refunded the amount you paid less the management costs of the purchase and any costs we have incurred on your behalf. If a promissory note has been issued or a fee has been issued in favor of the public, or a court stamp or inventory fee or any fee or tax or fee, this amount is deducted from the refund of your deposit in any case, because these fees are not canceled and their use is for specific purposes only. In case a document is issued in case of refund of the amount, a credit invoice will be issued, and in case of withholding of expenses a document will be issued only in the amount of the refund. Finally, the order will not be executed until you have provided us with all the documents we need to prepare the service you have chosen. By sending the relevant documents to our office, you unreservedly accept and confess about the authenticity of the documents you handle us and that these are exact copies of the originals that you have at your disposal. Our office has absolutely no ability to check the authenticity and disclaims any responsibility for your unknowingly using any forged and manipulated documents by you.

Applicable law and other terms

The above terms and conditions of use of Symbolaia.gr, as well as any modification thereof, are governed and supplemented by Greek law, the law of the European Union and the relevant international treaties. The Courts of the city of Athens become competent for any dispute that may arise from the interpretation or application of this.


(according to Regulation 2016/679, hereinafter: GDPR)


LAW OFFICE Ioannis P. Christodoulou

ADRESS: 71Α Skoufa Street,10680 Athens

E-mail: info@symbolaia.gr, Tel.0030 210-3618697, Fax:0030 210 - 3632865



By entrusting your case to us, we collect the following information:

• Name


• E-mail address

• Telephone number (landline and mobile)


• Information on the basis of your claim and / or on the defense of your case

The above information constitutes personal data, according to Regulation 2016/679 (Article 4 No. 1), which stipulates that personal data is any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject").

The collection of this information is necessary in order to verify the identity of our principal, to contact you, to issue the relevant documents, to represent you before the Courts, and, possibly, in order to claim our remuneration.

The processing of your personal data is done for the execution of the order and the conduct of the case that you have assigned to us, and is based on the provision of article 6 par. 1 lit. β΄ GDPR, as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the obligations deriving from the mandate contract

The retention period of your personal data is five (5) years after the end of the order, according to article 37 lit. i of the Code of Conduct for the Legal Profession, but may be extended in accordance with tax legislation or until the limitation of any claims.


We do not transfer your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the order. Specifically, your personal information is disclosed to the other party or parties and to his / her attorney, as well as to courts and other public authorities, in order to defend your case. Third parties to whom your personal data is transmitted in this way are not entitled to use it for other purposes.

Along with the protection of your personal data, the legal secrecy also applies, which we observe, not only during, but also after the end of the case or the revocation of the order by our client.


You have the following rights, according to the GDPR:

• Right of access to data: You have the right to request a right of access to your personal data, in accordance with Article 15 GIP. With the access request you can find out about the purposes of the processing, the relevant categories of personal data, the recipients to whom the data were communicated or will be communicated, the period for which they will be stored, the existence of a right to correct or delete data or restriction of their processing or right to object to processing, information on the origin of data and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and information on the logic followed.

• Right of correction: You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate data as well as the completion of incomplete data concerning you, in accordance with Article 16 GDPR.

• Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data, subject to the provisions of Article 18 of the GDPR.

• Right to object to the processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time and for reasons related to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you, when it is based on Article 6 (1) (e). GDPR.

• Right to be forgotten: When you no longer wish to have your personal data processed and retained, you have the right to request its deletion, provided that the data is not kept for a specific legal and declared purpose, in accordance with Article 17 GDPR.

• Right to data portability: You have the right to receive or request the transfer of your data, in machine readable form, from us to another controller, if you so wish, in accordance with Article 20 GIP.

To exercise your above rights, you can contact us, in writing, by sending a postal letter to the address: info@symbolaia.gr

You also have the right to complain to the Personal Data Protection Authority, in writing (Kifissias 1-3, PC 115 23, Athens) or electronically (www.dpa.gr).

all rights reserved © 2023 symbolaia.gr | made by freshdesign